So if you follow us on Insta! you will know that we are going crazy for our new Excalibur Dehydrator! We have embarked on a grain free experiment and whilst doing this, you would not want to be without a dehydrator. We are complete newbies at all this, so apart from going fruit leather crazy, I was so happy to find this scrummy recipe for Vegan Coconut Biscotti.
These are the instructions from Choosingraw.com
Raw, Vegan Coconut Biscotti
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups coconut pulp (from making homemade coconut milk — your amount will vary based on how thoroughly you strained the milk, among other factors)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or the seeds from a fresh vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 4 tablespoons coconut nectar, agave, or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut or almond milk
- Place the almonds in a food processor fitted with the S blade and grind well (not so well that they start turning into nut butter, but you want them to resemble flour). Alternately, you can use 1/4 cup almond flour.
- Add the coconut pulp, vanilla, flax, sweetener, and coconut or almond milk. Process until the mixture is totally incorporated and resembles a thick dough. If it’s super sticky, add a little more coconut or almond milk.
- Turn the dough out onto a Teflex-lined dehydrator sheet and shape into a mini loaf. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 3 hours.
- Cut the loaf into biscotti shaped cookies, and continue dehydrating till they are totally dry and crunchy (another 6-8 hours). Serve with tea or coffee 🙂
The picture above is half way through number 4. It is so exciting being able to be in complete control of everything that goes into your food. They are so yummy and perfect for a quick snack, enjoy!